Can you help?
The South Central Ambulance Charity helps the local ambulance service by recruiting, training and equipping the volunteers who support the vital work the ambulance service delivers across our region.
As a South Central Ambulance Charity volunteer you will get training for the role you want to undertake and will become part of the committed, fulfilled and fantastic team who are helping your local ambulance service to help your friends, family and community. Volunteering for us can deliver all kinds of opportunities. Some of our volunteers go on to find paid professional work in the ambulance service, and one even won the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service this year .
It doesn’t matter how much or how little time you have, or how fit and able you are. We have volunteering opportunities to suit everyone – all you need is a real desire to help.
We need three kinds of volunteers (click on the links to find out more about each role):
How we will support you
The ambulance service really values its volunteers, and we make the same commitment to everyone who gives up their time to support us. We promise that all our volunteers:
- Will join well managed teams where they will make new friends and learn new skills.
- Will get the training they need to fulfil their role.
- Will get a disclosure and barring check undertaken at our expense (if needed).
- Will be able to claim back for any out of pocket expenses like mileage they do whilst volunteering.
- Will be supported by the relevant professional team in SCAS.
- Will have clear guidance, in writing, about the role they have volunteered for and what it entails.
- Will be able to ask us for a reference if they are applying for work or other volunteering opportunities.
If you would like to find out more about becoming a volunteer for us then please complete and submit the form below.
What will happen then?
If you are interested in becoming a Community First Responder or a Volunteer Driver we will pass your details onto the relevant team and they will send you a full application form.
If you are interested in volunteering for the charity then the Charity Office will contact you to arrange a time for you to come in for an informal chat to find out more.
In submitting this form you are consenting to us using your contact information to send you information about the charity. We will never pass this information on to anyone else and you can unsubscribe at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. For detailed information on how we protect your data , see our terms and conditions .