We are passionate about providing the best possible care to the communities in which we live.
Swallowfield Community Responders are all members of the public who volunteer their time to attend life threatening 999 calls in and around the area covering Three Mile Cross, Shinfield, Spencers Wood, Swallowfield, Riseley, Beech Hill and Farley Hill. We are also often despatched further afield. We have our own dedicated liveried vehicle and carry medical oxygen, entonox, a defibrillator and a medical kit bag.
What we do
We provide basic life support care until the arrival of the ambulance. We carry oxygen and a defibrillator as well as other medical equipment and pain relief. We can be with a patient very quickly – providing emergency care in the critical time before the ambulance arrives.
We are very grateful to all those who have donated money, time and energy to the local CFR scheme for this community. We would particularly like to thank:
- Swallowfield Horticultural Society
- Global Knowledge www.globalknowledge.co.uk
- Big Lottery Fund https://www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/
- Shinfield Parish Council http://www.shinfieldparish.gov.uk
If you live locally, or run a local business, and could help us with our fundraising we would love to hear from you.
Some CFRs run events where you can ‘meet the team’. This area will display all events that the South Central Ambulance Charity are aware of.
- Date: 28-29th August
- Name of event: Swallowfield Show
- Location: Whitehouse Farm, Spencers Wood, RG7 1HS just a couple of miles south of junction 11 of the M4
- Date: 3rd September
- Name of event: Beech Hill Show
- Location: Beech Hill
- Date: 17th September
- Name of event: Spencers Wood Carnival
- Location: Recreation Ground in Clares Green Road, off the Basingstoke Road in Spencers Wood, just a couple of miles south of junction 11 of the M4
CFRs often get asked to attend events such as a village fete or fair in order to demonstrate vital life saving skills and collect on behalf of our charity.
If you are organising an event and would like us to attend, please email us.
Some schemes have volunteers who are qualified to provide first aid cover at local events. To find out if we can do this for you please email us.