The charity is making more investment in projects initiated by staff. On April 26th the Trustees approved the following grants for staff led projects:
- £400 to Adderbury Station to create a station allotment
- £400 to Kidlington Station to create a station allotment
- £386 to Andover station to buy clinical reference books
- £2000 to the HR department for a recruitment team special outdoor activity based awayday
- Approximately £2000 to North Harbour Resource Centre to reconfigure space to create a welfare room, subject to a fully costed proposal being received and the scheme agreed with Estates.
Emma Rodgers, who put in the bid for Kidlington said: “That is fantastic news being offered the grant. We will of course be delighted to take photos of the progression and an update in the autumn. A great many of the staff at Kidlington are delighted and are really on board with the idea. We have already had donations of tools, equipment including a compost bin and water butt, as well as a lot of enthusiasm! I will be in touch with Marianne for how to receive the funds. I can’t tell you how pleased I am, this is a really exciting project.”
The next round of grants will be available in September, but in the meantime funds are available for teams who have what it takes to take on the Keep What Your Team Raise challenge! All the details can be found in Staff Matters 210417 , but you need to register your entry by May 15th!